August 5, 2014
CSL releases its new Sustainability Report
CSL has released its new Corporate Sustainability Report, featuring highlights of its 2013 sustainability performance and progress and affirming responsible business practices.
The inaugural report broadens the scope of CSL’s Environmental Report published since 2008. The 2013 report features CSL’s progress in achieving its short- and long-term sustainability goals and commitments. Notable accomplishments include:
- Seven new Trillium Class self-unloading vessels were delivered and began operating with best-in-class operational and environmental performance.
- ISO 14001 and the Green Marine program were adopted as CSL’s new global approaches to environmental performance, to ensure consistency and continuity in measurement and reporting.
- Canada Steamship Lines received the top-rated Green Marine score of 4.57.
- GHG emissions were reduced by an average of 1.62% throughout CSL’s global fleet.
- Fuel oil use dropped by 12.3% as a result of implementing fuel efficiency technologies.
Click here to read CSL’s 2013 Corporate Sustainability Report
Back to news