It is Green Marine’s goal to improve the marine industry's environmental performance in concrete and mesurable terms. To meet this objective, Green Marine adopted a set of guiding principles. In addition to respecting laws and applicable regulations, every company that joins Green Marine agrees to:
- demonstrate corporate leadership in the search for best environmental practices in accordance with a sustainable development approach;
- carry out its activities in a responsible manner with a view to minimizing its environmental impacts;
- aim for continuous improvement of its environmental performance;
- develop and promote voluntary protection measures;
- integrate sustainable development practices that are technically and economically achievable;
- collaborate with governments and citizen groups in the progressive implementation of the action plans arising from the Green Marine Environmental Program.
Green Marine adheres to the principles of sustainable development, i.e. development that meets today’s needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.